As part of our training I’m learning some of the laws around working with door-to-door salespeople.
- If you knock on a door that has a no-solicitation sign, that is considering trespassing.
- Door-to-door salespeople have to be licensed by the province. They must show their license upon request. Usually they are wearing an ID card around their neck.
- If you tell a salesperson to leave – they must leave your property immediately.
- All contracts have a 10 day full-refund policy by law. Therefore, no one is really obliged to ‘make a decision on the spot’.
- We are not allowed to use the term “free”
Fine Structure of other stuff we are not allowed to do.